Monday, June 15, 2009

yay! six-line scenes launch.

Today's is from the well of talent and skill that is Chicago-based director and playwright Jimmy McDermott, who was fancily called "one of the city's most exciting young directors." I remember Jimmy from DePaul as a kind of intimidating dude with long tangly hair and blue eyes** that still somehow seemed dark-- but then I actually spoke to him and found out that he's not only kind but also a darn cool dude. Plus he knows a thing or two about what he's doing with theater.

[I didn't get a title for this one.]
by Jimmy McDermott

WHISKY
What’s the least amount of money you would kill someone for?

BEER
I…I don’t. I don’t think any figure could convince me to do something like that.

Pause.

What…What about you.

WHISKY
$695.

BEER
Six hundred nine--?

WHISKY
Next month’s rent.

Pause.

BEER
Including utilities?

*

**Jimmy let me know that he actually has hazel eyes. That's what memory does to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment