If a while ago I promised to publish one of these every (week)day, then yesterday I was delinquent. I would express my regrets for this except for the fact that I think if one is too busy living (in the best sense of the word) to blog, then there's absolutely no reason to apologize. So, today is a new day. And a new six-line scene!
This one is from the local legend Ricardo Delgado. Yes sir. He is part of what some call The Serious Theatre Collective; he is a joy to collaborate with; a man and demi-monster, drummer and Guitar Hero/Rock Band expert, filmmaker, hilarifier. He is amassing an impressive list of video projects and each of them is better than the one before, which is no small feat. Ricardo knows this already, but the first time he and I went out for drinks on our own (sometimes a milestone in the business of being friends), I had one of the best nights ever at Rudy's, where cockroaches, hot dogs and lascivious bums are free at every booth. 'Twas an awesome night.
You can sample some of Mr. Delgado's writing and musicianing in the Serious Theatre Collective show this October. Yay!
THE CHRONICLES OF SABLECROSS AND CLADMATHER
by Ricardo Delgado
CLADMATHER
How's it looking, Sir?
SABLECROSS
Not good, Cladmather. The wood is far too damp for a proper fire. Which in all probability means that we're in for another chilled, sleepless night.
CLADMATHER
Well I found something, Sir! A doll's head! It feels dry. Perhaps it could serve as a proper fire bundle!
SABLECROSS
Well for goodness sake, man, give it here! We've only got a few minutes of daylight left!
(CLADMATHER hands SABLECROSS the "doll's head")
Cladmather. This is a shrunken head.
CLADMATHER
A what?
(Enter CHIEFTAN and tribe of savages)
CHIEFTAN
Shrunken head.
To be continued...
*
(exciting! this is our first "to be continued..."!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment